Love your eyes - Eye Health Week
Did you know staff and students receive discounted rates at the University Eye Clinic? Check out the website for services and prices.
4 things to consider when it comes to eye health:
- Get your eyes tested regularly
- Keep your glasses and contact lenses updated
- Use tints and coatings to minimize glare from screens
- If words move and jumble as you read get a visual stress check
- Overlays and filters may help
- Eat a good diet of fresh food and undertake regular aerobic exercise.
- Include omega 3, leafy greens and keep hydrated.
- Take regular screen breaks and follow the 20-20-20 rule
- If eyes are gritty and sore book an eye health check, you may need eye
- drops to protect and soothe
How can the Eye Clinic help you?
The University of Portsmouth Eye Clinic offers full optician services including check-up and prescription services, glasses and contact lenses plus excellent aftercare service.
Services available to you include:
- eye tests
- contact lens assessments (including soft, hard and specialist lenses)
- binocular vision
- colour vision tests
- visual stress tests
- a low vision assessment
- specialist appointments for children and adults with additional needs
- Optical Coherence Technology (OCT) scans and Optomap imaging
Socially conscious eye care
The Clinic also supplies a range of eco friendly frames, lenses and contact lenses as part of working towards a more sustainable product range and offers free refill on lens cleaner in store when you buy glasses.
Revenue from the Clinic helps support specialist clinics for patients with learning disabilities and autism and the Clinic now has an accessible hub for specialist eye care within our community, offering a calm, quiet and non-bustling environment where special adjustments have been considered to enable access to high quality eye care for those with complex needs.