Are you enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about your subject and university?
Join us and you can:
- Inspire the next generation of students
- Develop diverse skills to make you work-ready
- Benefit from flexible hours that fit around your course
- Be part of a supportive, diverse team of student staff
We are looking for University Ambassadors to work in the following two areas. You can apply for just one or both of these areas.
Marketing & Campaigns:
- Represent the University at our Open Days and Applicant Experience Days.
- Help with event set up as well as deliver campus, halls and coach tours to prospective students and parents.
- Share your experiences of university life online and in person through student panelsand live Q&A sessions.
If you are currently on a postgrad course or if you plan to continue your UoP studies at Postgraduate level, there may also be the opportunity to support the work of the Postgraduate team and their recruitment events.
Recruitment and Outreach
- Inspire and encourage young people (Years 5 to 13) from various backgrounds to progress to Higher Education.
- Represent the University of Portsmouth at recruitment and outreach events off campus such as UCAS exhibitions, workshops and events in schools and colleges.
- Assist in the delivery of recruitment and outreach activities held on campus or delivered virtually such as subject taster days, residential events, student life talks and Q&A sessions.
Please note that you will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and additional training to work with schools and colleges.
Hours of work
This is not a full-time post. The role is available on a variable, flexible basis and should fit around your studies. You can choose which shifts to volunteer for depending on your availability.
Only students that will be continuing their studies on campus with UoP from Sept 2023 – May 2024 are eligible to apply.
Starting at £10.30 per hour
How to apply
You’ll need to complete an online application form which you can find here port.ac.uk/ambassador-apply
If successfully shortlisted, you’ll be invited to a group interview.
Closing date: 23:59 on Tuesday 21st February 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 6th March 2023
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information