Have you heard the news? The Santander Universities Scholars Programme is now open!
Are you currently studying an undergraduate course and due to graduate in 2025? Are you interested in some extra funding and development opportunities? The Santander Universities Scholars Programme is here to help.
Santander Universities is giving 100 students the opportunity to get £30,000 of funding over 3 years, access to a bespoke training and development programme and entry to exclusive networking events.
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or older
- Applicants must be current full-time undergraduate students at one of Santander Universities’ partner universities, completing their undergraduate course in 2025
- Any degree discipline is welcome
- Applicants must self-identify as part of at least 1 of the following under-represented groups
- Students from areas of low higher education participation, low household income or low socioeconomic status
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic students
- Mature students
- Disabled students
- Care experienced students
- Students estranged from their families
- Students from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Students from military families
- Applicants must quality as a Home Fee Status student
- Applicants must not be receiving more than £1,500 per year in external sponsorship for their degree, for example, from other sources such as industry bodies/employers (University Core Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility)
- Applications will close at 11.00pm on 31 of January 2023
You can learn more about the Santander Universities Scholars Programme and apply for the scholarship on the Santander Universities website.
About the Santander Universities Scholars Programme
The Santander Universities Scholars Programme is a new flagship initiative aimed at breaking down barriers for the current students who are most likely to face challenges when attending higher education.
Education is a right that should be equitable and accessible to everyone. This flagship, multi-million-pound scholars programme, was developed in collaboration with Santander Universities and partner universities, and is aimed at providing more structured higher education support that is ongoing and combats a range of challenges.