Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey
Postgraduate students can tell us what they think say about their course so we can understand what they value and where we can make improvements.
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) is open to students on eligible courses.
This year's PTES survey opens on 15 March 2021 and closes in June.
How to fill out the PTES survey
If eligible, students will receive an email on Monday 15 March with a personalised link to the 10-minute survey, which is divided into short sections and asks you about your experience on your programme and your motivations for study.
PTES concentrates on your course and includes:
- The experience of teaching and learning, including: staff, learning materials, working with other
students, workload, and feeding back on experience
- Engagement and course challenge
- Assessment and feedback, including supervisor support for dissertation or major project
- Organisation and management, including induction and involvement in course decisions
- Resources and services, including learning resources and overall support
- Skills development, including independent learning, research skills and career skills
- Overall satisfaction and motivation for taking the programme and information provided by the institution to help course choice
It will also include a few extra questions about issues that are particularly relevant to us and to other students at the University of Portsmouth and this year's survey will also include some questions regarding Covid-19.
How it helps and prizes on offer
The data will give us a better understanding about the experiences of different postgraduate taught (PGT) student groups and allow us to enhance the overall student experience at the University.
This year there's the chance to win £1,000 to support your studies as well as other prizes such as Amazon vouchers by completing the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES).
The survey was so quick and easy to fill in that I had almost forgotten that I had even completed it! Therefore it was even more of a surprise when I was told I had won.
If you're unsure about anything to do with the survey, or have any difficulty, please see your course leader or contact the surveys team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.