Covid information for students
Weekly Update: Coronavirus cases at the University
We're encouraging students and staff to get themselves tested for Covid-19 so we can proactively monitor the virus at our University, take action when needed and keep each other as safe as possible.
At 10am on Monday 1 March, there were 5 active cases - Covid positive students and staff who were self-isolating at the University at that time.
Of these 5 active cases, 2 cases were students, and 3 were staff members. This is out of a population of 31,000 students and 3,600 staff.
Support for self-isolating students
If you're self isolating in halls of residence and private accommodation, you can benefit from:
- Welfare checks - our ResLife Team are making regular checks and can help you access other support such as our Student Wellbeing Service.
- Free food parcels - for students in self-catered accommodation, and three hot meals a day to students living in our catered accommodation at Rees Hall and Burrell House.
- Laundry service - free clean bedding to students if you live in University and Unite Students halls of residence. The Student Housing Company provides clean bedding at a charge.
- Cleaning products - a package of cleaning products to ensure that your house or flat remains hygienic during self-isolation.
- Laptop loan schemes - borrow a laptop if you need one to access online teaching and study resources.
- If you're facing financial difficulties due to Covid, you may be eligible for a grant from the University Support Fund.